Thank you so much for the support I received yesterday with my Breast Cancer Awareness project! It made my heart sing! What a great group of people to be involved with! Thanks again!!
Basic felt mask (Walmart)
Felt flowers from felt kit I had in my stash
Sculpey polymer clay
craft smart stamp:
pumpkins and spiders in triangles
Self-stamping small jack-o-lantern
My original "Hanging in there Skelly"
1. This is an easy one! I took the ready made felt mask and went crazy covering with felt flowers and butterflies. The only problem was the cats spilled my coffee on one whole side as it was drying! UGH! If you look close (please don't!) you can see the coffee "antiqued" flowers.
2. I glued and glittered Skelly's eyes and finger joints and (of course) when dry; I brushed Dimensional Magic all over him. Let dry completely then fussy cut and tuck in the top as if he is hanging on.
3. I stamped the pumpkins and spiders under the right eye and the self-inking pumpkin on the left side of the nose.
4. I took orange and purple clay and stamped with a flower stamp from my stash. As I have said, you may want to prep your stamps before using clay. I also rolled out 4 small balls and flattened into a teardrop shape and made the leaf vein lines. I did not cut around the flower just left if really loosely shaped. Bake according to manufacturer's instructions. Remember each one has different times and the right temp and time are important to a good finished product.
5. After they were totally cool I glossed them with a glossy finish and glued them and the leaves in strategic places (like where coffee was!:) and there it is...A lovely Day of the Dead!
Happy crafting! And look below at the hoppers!