Supplies: 2 8x11 1/2 sheets of burgandy card stock
Foam alphabet stickers to spell "beware!" Black or can be painted black with acrylic paints
18 inches black hemp cord
Skull beads and items from bead stash
craft smart stamps: Skull and Crossbones Poison Vials and Bottles Full Skeleton a Note
Black fine tip marker 1. Score card stock long side across top of score board at 4 inches, 8 inches and 10 inches. Turn a quarter turn and score at 5 inches and 10 inches.
2. Cut at the 10 inch score line on short side and at the 5 inch and 10 inch score line along long side.
3. Fold along the 4 inch score line. Put all pieces together to form the book.
4. Decorate the front with the foam letters or stamps. 5. Stamp and embellish pages as you wish. I only used the right hand pages in case I wanted to post photos on the opposite page.
6. I wrote my own "potions". They are extremely silly and very obviously made up. I wanted them to be that way. I even added a note on the back page explaining that these were fake and not intended to be serious in any way.
7. Wrap the black hemp around the fold making a simple binding several times. I left a short end and a long end. I strung my own handmade skull beads and some beads and stuff from my stash. That really is all it takes. The main thing is to decorate it the way you want to and give it your own personal touch. You could print out your potions in a cool spooky font or I just wrote kind of flowy and how I thought a witch might write.....hmmmm does that mean? No..just pulling your leg!
Happy Crafting and see you tomorrow!
I started out with burgandy cardstock 8 x 11 1/2 inches. I scored 2 sheets at 4 inches, 8 inches and 10 inches. Then I flipped it and scored it on the 4 inch and 8 inch mark. I scored heavily so I could tear instead of cut my lines that needed cutting. I tore along the 10 inch score from the first scoring position (paper laying with the 11 1/2 inch at the top refer to photo). Then I tore at the inch score mark from when I flipped it a quarter turn. Then I folded along the 8 inch score and put the 4 pieces together to form a book.
I stamped the front with the skull and crossbones, and only wrote and stamped on the right hand pages. The following pages in order were stamped: vials and bottles, magic potion (hand numbered "31"), poison label, raven, bats and stars, full skeleton, and back page with "a Note".
I used foam letters painted black with a marker to spell "bewaRe" and stamped an exclamation point for the front of the book. I used a fine tip black marker to outline portions of the stamped images and a few colored pencils. Next I took black hemp cord and wrapped around the folded spin several times leaving one short and one long end for beading. I used beads from my stash and some handmade polymer clay skull beads to bead on the long end of the hemp.
The last thing was to come up with some funny potions. I did not want them to be anything serious at all. So I titled them: Keep an ex-lover away #1, Hex potion #31, Keep Away potion #246, Invisibility potion #43, Ugly potion #26, and Bad Mood potion #19. Under the stamp on the back page I wrote that the "potions" were intended for fun and entirely fake and to please not take ANY of them as serious. A disclaimer, I guess!
My precious grandpuppy, Yoshi! He went through gastrointestinal surgery for an obstruction in August and almost didn't make it. It is now November and he is doing so well just can't eat hard food:( But I love mushing his food twice a day and feeding my beautiful baby boy:)