First, I sprayed adhesive to the canvas including the sides, and then stretched my fabric square (pre-cut for easier placement) on to the canvas. Then I adhered my colored image (Chameleon pens) that I had fussy cut where I wanted her to be placed. Then the fun/craziness began!! I added some super cool gem crusted fake eyelash pieces on her black eye shadowed eyes. Long, long lashes from a Halloween gig. I took deco mesh in dark navy and did my best to cut it to fit her top, very dicey bit of work! and glued it down with a clear glue. I also cut the hole for her shirt in the deco mesh after laying it on. Her hair has crackled accents on it for the grunge effect and dimensional magic on her eye shadow and lips. When that was dried I took a paint pen that the name had worn off of in black and went over every spider web line on the fabric. I doesn't show in the photos but textured it up very well. Then red paint for the black widow spiders eyes and or bottoms. I added a broken earring..sob! to the left corner by her hair and added red dots to those spiders...in one photo the long chain spider is hanging across her top and I love that. My son gave me a Dymo label maker that I have wanted for months last week so of course out came spiders with spiders on them labels! I tried to add some elements to the spiders on the labels and some doodle lines but the ink smeared; I will try a different method next time. I also found a 2 pack of faux washi tape at the dollar store with the caution tape and a roll of black for $2! I only used the caution and ran it across the ends of the spider labels. Of course the one full skeleton had to have some google eyes, you know me and google eyes! The right bottom embellishment was my attempt at a can top bracelet with black and gold ribbon (yes, Saints colors!) that went wrong but when flattened I liked the silver imperfect look to it. And of course real spiders or rather plastic spiders. I debated on painting them black and in retrospect I think I should have but to add some color to go with her lovely green skin I used them green. Popping one on the "flower" and then in the centers of the webs covering up the red paint but that was ok. I like it. I had a spider sticker and some half moons that I added and some eyelash ribbon kept peeking out of a box stuffed in my living room as we put a new floor in my craft room...ugh! so I added that to a corner and a broken plastic bracelet from a dreaded rival..don't guess it! went in the opposite corner. And of course her response to the impending danger? Whatever!! I had the most fun with this passing the stopping point several times but I kept finding things that I had to add!
You know the drill...go get a friend and start working on spiders or go the Left of Center way,...do it and win that badge and lovely digis from Sami Stamps! A note about badges: we have added a Design Team Member's Spotlight pick where each Design Team member picks a technique, feature, etc. that they like and that entrant gets a special new badge! Awesome, right! And now more chances to be recognized for your amazing work!!
Happy Crafing and get your spiders on!
http://www.samistamp.blogspot.com/2015/02/new-release-valentine-feathers-and-sami.html Sami Stamps Challenge #22 Anything Goes